proposed by the Congress of the People June 6, 2010, San Francisco
Group discussion and number in attendance:
• Extend Social Security tax to cover all income, both earned and unearned, and eliminating tax on low income.
• Raise the benefits and lower the eligibility age for Social Security
• Cost-of-living adjustments that are realistic, cover all expenses, and reflect recipients’ age and local costs
• Require employers in all sectors to provide pensions, specifically defined-benefit, not defined-contribution plans
• No replacement of Social Security by any kinds of individual or privatized plans
• No investment of the Social Security Trust Fund in stock markets or other private entities
• All Treasury Notes in the Social Security Trust Fund must be paid in full.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.