• Trade deals must be done in a transparent and democratic way
o multiple public input sessions lead by public interest groups who are also part of the negotiations – with the purpose of making information more accessible
• The Investor State Settlement System (which began with NAFTA) should be removed from all trade deals
• There should be a separation of corporation and State
o States should not unreasonably represent corporations over their people
• Trade deals cannot contain carve-outs for big pharmaceutical companies designed to prohibit access to medicines and increase prices
• Should increase living standards and wages for country populations involved
• Include mandatory process for civilian oversight/human rights
This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by asej.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Address: 2940 16th Street, Room 301, San Francisco CA, 94103