proposed by the Congress of the People January 12, 2019, San Francisco
Do you support the addition of this platform plank?
You must be logged in to participate.
Group discussion and number in attendance: 40
• Bring rent control to subsidized housing.
• Lower affordability rates to 30% of AMI. Lower affordability rates with subsidized housing to 30% of income regardless of any level of income (including zero).
• Implement a Right to Rest Act to improve the livability of the state of homelessness: right to move freely and rest in public spaces, eat or accept food, occupy a legally parked vehicle, reasonable privacy.
• Enact a moratorium on market rate development until community housing initiatives have made adequate progress.
• Airbnb restrictions, including a limit on the maximum number of different renters per year. Landlords of long-term housing may not convert to Airbnb (or the equivalent) during a vacancy caused by the following reasons: illegal evictions, destruction of property (e.g. fire damage), change in ownership or system of ownership, reclassification of housing type.
• Government can’t sell public land without the consent of the people.
• Stop/eliminate business improvement districts.
• Increase legal funding to represent evictions and citations.
• Bring back half way house and lodges.
• Facilitate Conversion of empty buildings to community control/housing.
• Support for community land trust.
• Reform of the small sites program to make it more co-op and land trust friendly. Reduce rents in small sites projects.
• Anti-eviction, gentrification and displacement component to the heritage districts.
• Anti-speculation tax.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.